Friday, April 16, 2010

Nostalgia.. a potion that heals the human mind

I lay upon my bed with some thoughts so deep.
Sometimes these thoughts,they never let me sleep.
It feels like a cool breeze on a hot sunny day,
Turning the pages of my story back to a Summer May.
To picture this,it's enough to say,
That this chapter of my life is about a kid who once loved to play.


Down the memory lane,Down the boulevard of joy,
We would ride our cycles,the pride of little boy.
One,two,three and four,we all would vanish into thin air,
Behind houses,trees,walls,until our seeker would find us hiding there.
Loved by thy friends,Loved by thy family,Loved by thy neighbor,
Regardless of the traveling time and the withering weather.


When my birthday arrived,my joy knew no bounds,
It may look as how it may sound.
Decked with best clothes,I stood in the middle,
Surrounded by friends and family in a happy huddle.
With balloons,ribbons and a pile of gifts behind,
The memories of this day is still vivid in my mind.


No phase of life is better than school,
Brings a smile to your face though time has been cruel.
Prayers and anthems we sang,all those wonderful years,
Still echoes in my mind's sharp little ears.
Now those fifteen years feels like fifteen minutes flown by,
Those times once passed will never come by.


As I stand on the bridge between the present and the past,
And smile as I yearn for the moments that never last.
A sense of elation provides me the lust for life,
For,those golden years taught me to deal with strife.
In my heart,as these memories compassionately bind.
Nostalgia is a potion that heals the human mind.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

needless to say, a job well done.. wonder how u can come up wid such poetic lines.. :) aptly put-nostalgia is truly a potion that heals ur mind.. :)

Karthik Wildchild Rao said...

What I realize is that, ironically, as we keep growing up, life keeps getting more and more tougher and complicated. There was a time when things were simple and lovely. I think this poem is a testimony to what i just stated. Good job on the nostalgic portrayal :)

Unknown said...

Hey JUS.thats a good one dude..everyone like to relish upon der sweet memories..u have expressed it in a good manner..
so Job Well Done!!!!

Dileep Karpur : The Illusionist said...

I just loved it! I read your poem twice... It really made me go deep down my memory lane, remembering those wonderful days. you are exactly right, one can never get what has been passed.. all we can do is cherish those moments and feel lighter.

"Nostalgia is a potion that heals the human mind"

so true Thejus.. excellent line. Keep writing stuff like this.. and yes you've got a nice theme.

cheers
Dileep

Rakshith m said...

In some corner of my mind, you searched for the memories which i had lost and now i am enjoying it after remembering about what u said is "100% right"

Mammu said...

WOW! I'm sure this can go into a nicely composed rock song. PERFECT I'd call it :). Everyone can related themselves with this:). I'd give you a 5 on 5 :) (Not exaggerating)

namrata said...

It's simply MINDBLOWING!!! You've portrayed NOSTALGIA in suce beautiful words!!! I'm speechless:)

Post a Comment